Is Donald Trump the President?
There was an error fetching the feed.
- Legislation Introduced to Increase Security Funding for Faith-Based Institutions May 20, 2019U.S. Senators Rob Portman (R-OH) and Gary Peters (D-MI) introduced the Protecting Faith-Based and Nonprofit Organizations From Terrorism Act (S. 1539) – to authorize $75 million annually for grants to nonprofits and faith-based organizations to help secure their facilities against a potential terrorist attack.
- Sens. Cruz, Jones Introduce Bipartisan School Security Enhancement Act May 16, 2019U.S. Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Doug Jones (D-Ala.) introduced the School Security Enhancement Act, a bill that would allow for Student Support and Academic Enrichment (SSAE) grants awarded to local communities to be used for evidence-based school safety technology and infrastructure.
- Bill Introduced to Expand Enrollment in TSA PreCheck May 15, 2019U.S. Sens. John Thune (R-S.D.) and Gary Peters (D-Mich.) introduced the Secure Traveler Act, legislation that would expand enrollment in TSA PreCheck for individuals who have passed extensive background checks.
- San Francisco Bans Facial Recognition Technology May 14, 2019The San Francisco Board of Supervisors has enacted to ban the use of facial recognition technology by police and all other municipal agencies.
- Police Deaths Increased in 2018 May 8, 2019The FBI reported that 106 law enforcement officers were killed in the line of duty in 2018, an increase from 94 officers who died a year earlier.
- Senators Torres, Fitzpatrick Introduce Bill to Reclassify 911 Dispatchers as Protective Service Occupations May 8, 2019U.S. Representatives Norma J. Torres (CA-35) and Brian Fitzpatrick (PA-1) introduced H.R. 1629, the 911 Supporting Accurate Views of Emergency Services (SAVES) Act to reclassify 9-1-1 call-takers and dispatchers.
- Johns Hopkins University Launches Center for Safe and Healthy Schools May 7, 2019Johns Hopkins University School of Education is creating a new center to study school safety and student health.
- Tampa International Airport Introduces Pass Allowing Non-Travelers Past Security Checkpoint May 7, 2019TPA's new All Access program will allow up to 100 people every Saturday to visit an airside terminal of their choice so they can shop, dine and relax without a plane ticket.
- Attacks on Religious Targets: Another Example of a Need for Vigilance April 30, 2019Jurisdictions throughout the nation increased security at houses of worship this weekend after a teen gunman killed one woman and injured a rabbi, a child and another man during Passover celebrations at a San Diego-area synagogue last Saturday.
- Cells and the City: A Conversation with the Deputy Director for Intelligence Analysis, NYPD April 29, 2019For much of the past decade, Ravi Satkalmi has helped lead the New York City Police Department’s (NYPD) Intelligence Analysis Unit, a team within the NYPD’s Intelligence Bureau that provides critical support on counterterrorism investigations, analyzes foreign and domestic terrorist threats to the city, offers input on policies pertaining to counterterrorism, and liaises with law […]